October 29, 2012
Moonlit Pond Records is pleased to announce the release of “Fa La La” – a holiday CD by Nancy Beaudette featuring NINE original Christmas songs!
“I dust off these old songs when December comes along”, a line from “In Our Home”, couldn’t be truer for Nancy Beaudette. She recalls singing carols with her family from a tender age, and it flourished into a lifelong passion the year she found her very own guitar under the Christmas tree. “Fa la la” is a collection of nine original Holiday songs spanning emotions of festive joy, innocence, peace and longing.
Click here to get your copy today!
Here is a brief overview of the songs:
1. “Fa la la” – a spirited song celebrating the excitement that kids have preparing for Santa Claus.
2. “Silence Tonight” delivers a powerful message of the peace all Mother’s long for when their sons and daughters are serving in the military.
3. “In Our Home” recalls happy memories of Christmas while growing up.
4. “Most of all Baby (I Want You)” is an invitation to get cuddled up with the one you love.
5. “Gold and Myrrh” longs to reclaim the innocence of a child at this time of year, comparing it to the precious gifts given to the Christ child by the visiting Kings.
6. “I think I’ll buy a Christmas Tree” is an acoustic ballad about regaining strength to celebrate Christmas after separation or divorce.
7. “My Silvertone Guitar” was co-written with Louisa Branscomb (of Steel Rails fame), and is a wonderful story about riding the rails to Nashville on Christmas Eve knowing there would be a new guitar waiting under the tree.
8. “Merry Christmas to Me” is a tender ballad about spending Christmas alone after the loss of a loved one.
9. “The Babe of Bethlehem” celebrates the birth of the Christ child and invites us to follow the Star.